“Unless the … coach believes that people possess more capacity than they are currently expressing, he will not be able to help them express it. He must think of his people in term of their potential, not their performance.” — John Whitmore
Good leaders and coaches must inspire the people they lead. When developing others in a coaching setting, you will want to be sure your presentation has the following:
1. Is the vision or desired outcome clear?
2. Do they sense God can use them to do it?
3. Do they sense the mission/task is worth doing?
4. Do they feel confident in the strategy/plan?
5. Do they feel your passion and commitment?
Without these little is likely to happen.
Paul stated in Colossians 1:28-29 (NIV):
“We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor struggling with all his energy which so powerfully works in me.”